Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Taylor Stinson studies abroad in Hong Kong!

This past week marked my fourth week abroad and City University's Lunar New Year break. To celebrate the holiday, my family decided to meet me in Vientam for 9 days! It was an action-packed adventure as we traveled all over the country. We began in Ha Long Bay on a "junk," otherwise known as a boat typically found in Asia. We spent one night sailing through the beautiful bay. Next, we headed for Hanoi, a busy city in northern Vietnam. We wandered the city filled with french-inspired architecture before boarding our over-night train car to Sapa. This area of Vietnam features many villages of tribal people. We hiked and biked through the gorgeous hills and rice paddies, which can be seen in the picture. We then traveled back to Hanoi for additional site seeing, including a ricksha ride around the city and a traditional Vietnamese water puppet show. On the sixth day, we flew to Da Nang, a more touristy area located along the coastline. My family and I had some custom suits made (always gotta be on that WIB professionalism grind) and biked around the area learning how to make traditional Vietnamese dishes. This trip was unlike any other - we directly interacted with the people of each area, learning their respective cultures, and we saw so much of the country in such a short amount of time. I am so lucky to have been able to go on my first adventure with my family. Now it's back to school in Hong Kong, but I am sure I will be headed off on a second adventure soon with my new friends!
 
To read more about Taylor's
adventures over in Hong Kong 
go check out her blog,

No comments:

Post a Comment