Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lindsey Ellington's trip to Hong Kong


Hello Wibbers! I’ve been abroad for 8 weeks now and have had so many eye-opening experiences, both in Hong Kong and in other places. For Chinese New Year I traveled to Thailand where I stayed on the islands of Koh Chang and Koh Samet, and spent two days in Bangkok. In Koh Chang I rode and swam with an elephant and had the dead skin nibbled off my feet by fish in Bangkok at a spa. It was a great 9 days but it was nice to head back to Hong Kong for a few weeks.

There is so much to see in Hong Kong. I’ve kept busy hiking, going to museums, studying, exploring Lamma Island and Macau, and eating lots of great food. Yesterday we went to an afternoon tea, which is a very popular Hong Kong custom that started during its time as a British colony. For two hours we feasted on a buffet of the most delicious and beautiful hors d’oeuvre and desserts. It was better than any tea party I could have imagined as a child.

While I make it a point to enjoy every possible moment abroad, this week I’m hard at work completing assignments in advance so that I can travel next week with Taylor Stinson to Taiwan and the Philippines. I hope everyone enjoys spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment